What We Really Want From Sex, and How to Get It
- Although most people say that what they want from sex is a combination of pleasure and closeness, that’s not what they usually focus on during sex.
- The similarities between male and female sexuality are far more important than the differences.
- Sexual function is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Paradoxically, focusing on “function” often undermines sexual satisfaction.
- Anyone who thinks that orgasm is the best part of sex is missing most of what sex offers.
- Our desire to be sexually “normal” is precisely what prevents us from becoming our authentic sexual selves.
Most people develop their model of sexuality when they have the body of a young, healthy person—which nobody has very long. Thus, we all need a different model of sexuality if we want to desire and enjoy sex throughout our lives. This book provides that model—by enhancing your Sexual Intelligence.
America’s War on Sex:
The Attack on Law, Lust and Liberty
“If you’re uncomfortable about blacks, you’re racist; uncomfortable about Jews, you’re anti-Semitic. But today, if you’re uncomfortable about sex, you’re a civic leader.”
That’s Marty Klein at his finest: brutally honest, scathingly funny. The President of the ACLU introduces this powerful book, which shows how the government and Religious Right use the regulation of sexual expression, entertainment, information, and health care to undermine our secular democracy.
Marty’s research shows how today’s public policies attempt to solve the wrong sexual “problems”–guaranteeing more of the real sexual problems with which American individuals and communities continue to struggle. These drive the demand for more repressive “solutions” which, of course, don’t work either.
“Although every Alabaman has a legal right to own a gun, they don’t have the same right to own a vibrator,” says Marty. Untangling myths about “obscenity,” porn’s actual effects, and so-called “activist judges,” this fast-paced, meticulously researched, thought-provoking book addresses:
- How the Right has demonized sexuality, creating a cultural climate of danger and fear
- The relationship between repressive public policy and personal sexual problems
- Why anyone who defends everyone’s sexual rights is perceived as attacking “morality” and safety
- How the Sexual Disaster Industry harms us every day
- Why sexual rights are as important as our other freedoms
- What must be done to stop this war on your sexuality
Ask Me Anything: Dr. Klein Answers
the Sex Questions You’d Love to Ask
Here’s a comprehensive, fast-paced guide that answers almost 600 of the most intriguing, embarrassing, and important questions about sex. The questions, ideas, and suggestions are a great way to open a conversation with a partner–or potential partner.
- What is “Normal?”
- Sexual Etiquette
- …and much much more.
Dr. Klein’s dynamic presentation style, clear expertise, and winning sense of humor quickly win over even difficult audiences. His ratings are consistently high.
- National Association of Social Workers, California Chapter
You received rave reviews on the evaluations. Your expertise, sense of humor, and professionalism were very well displayed in this dynamic talk.
- Lockheed Corporation
Increase Your Sexual Intelligence
Receive my monthly newsletter. (Your address is never released--promise.)