Semen Allergy

Q: I have read about people becoming sick from swallowing too much semen. How much is too much?

Dr. Klein: A very, very small number of people are allergic to semen. Other than that, no one becomes sick from swallowing semen, and so there is no such thing as “too much.” Of course, if someone does not like to swallow semen, the tiniest amount is “too much.” No one should be urged to swallow semen–or even have it in their mouth–if they don’t want it.

CLOSE

Sign up for more

Sexual Intelligence®

More insights about better sex

More from the Sex Therapist’s Couch

More sexual politics

More about

desire, PornPanic, sexual health, infidelity, sex & aging,

and how technology is changing sex

Subscribe to my Sexual Intelligence blog, and I’ll send you, FREE:

* my new e-book, Bedroom Blues, Therapist Wisdom.

* a 10% discount on all books & audios in my store.

CLOSE

Thank you for signing up!